fig.: The image shows dancers at one of the workshops during Impulstanz Dance Festival in Vienna; the next workshops will be held during this year's festival time from 11 July to 11 August 2013. Photo: (C) Judith Lutz.
Dance workshops for various body abilities and ages
...announced by the Impulstanz Dance Festival in Vienna (11 July to 11 August 2013) alongside to ballet, jazz, funk, hip-hop, etc workshops for advanced and professional advanced pro dancers.
The Impulstanz program for special needs (abilities, ages) is extensive:
- the ones who prefer incredible body contortion exercises can train with Underground Yoga Parlour initiator Sri Louise whose yoga anarchy training 'SmashAsana' is derived from thoughts about breaking off from the pressure of political systems,
- children and young people can playfully learn history together with dance moves at the workshop 'Living Sculptures' where the young participants will perform a guided dance through the first district of Vienna and aquire easily knowledge about the history of the city at the same time,
- people with and without disabilities can join the mixed abilities groups like at Alito Alessi's course 'Moving On'; Alessi elaborated a methodology to improve the communication via movement.
Almost everybody can find something. The organizers even thought of golden agers and the ones who are interested in improving their posture:
- the body work training 'Body School' by Malcolm Manning will deliver simple tricks like for sitting at the computer without pain in the back,
- and golden agers can learn to choreograph actively their dance moves together with teacher Nicole Berndt-Caccivio.
Editor's note: perhaps the workshop you are interested in has a deadline for applications; such as the application period for Sri Louise's Yoga Teacher Training ends with 17 June!